Thursday, March 20, 2014

Day 2 of our chicken eggs

Only 19 more days to go! I made a chart for our wall today to mark the days. 
I just cut out egg shapes and wrote the day on them. Then I took a poster of the egg development, and cut it apart into individual pictures. I blew up each day to a much bigger size and cut them out. I laminated everything and now every day that passes, we will put up the picture to go along with it. 

I also made a sign to sit beside the incubator that says "today:" and then each day I put up what is happening inside the eggs. So today's said "Today: my eyes and ears are starting to form".

Our ihatch app today showed us how the vessels are forming in our little embryos and it now has eyes and ears. Pretty exciting. 


One more note before I head to bed... The kids are getting excited now. I saw it a bit in there play today and in their understanding of our new words like "incubator", "thermometer", and "Brooder box" just to name a few. Mrs. K made some science books today on her prep for us to start using. We made writing paper with an egg shape for the picture square and the lines underneath for writing. Each day we will encourage the children to expand on what they are observing and learning and write/draw about  it on there paper. Then we will have a nice book to send home in the end. Some of their drawings were so good today!

No comments:

Post a Comment